Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Western Meadowlark

     This design is from one of my favorite artists, Sherry Nelson.  I love all her bird and flower designs.  I decided to try something different and painted it on a canvas which was covered in Tim Holtz Melange tissue wrap.  I then painted over it leaving part of the tissue showing thru.  What do you think?  I might add a little more paint around the edges of the canvas to kind of frame the picture.  The canvas is a bit large for the size that I did the painting but that is what I had on hand at the time I started it.  Overall I am happy with how it turned out.  You can see the bits of bumps from the tissue paper but I think that adds to the rustic feel.

     It has been so long since I did any painting other then some crafty type of stuff.  I have missed it.  I have been so busy with my Paper Creations orders that I put my painting way on a back burner.  I need to take the time every week to paint.  What better way to spend a cold winter day!

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment